Here's what we look for in a great Inbound Content Writer.
You will need to show a passion for writing, for the position, and for the work we do. Many journalism graduates may see themselves becoming investigative journalists. And while those skills are useful for an inbound content writer – that’s only part of what we need. Fortunately, if you’re reading this, you’ve probably decided that you want something more. A different challenge. A more creative role. The excitement of working in one of the most dynamic areas of business marketing today.
You will always be learning
Marketing, like the rest of the modern, digital world is changing fast. Businesses and people need to adapt. You will have a hunger for learning that keeps you ahead of the game. You will work competently on your own as well as part of a team. And you will have an innate ability to listen to clients, and to your colleagues too.
You will excel at grammar and take responsibility for your work
As a professional writer, we expect you to write almost flawless copy. So you will have an excellent grasp of grammar and spelling. While an editor will review your work, you will be responsible for the quality of your output. An appreciation of different styles of writing and of writing with character would be a bonus.
You have a working knowledge of keyword research and on-page SEO
You will understand the basics of SEO and how to optimise content for search. You have been doing this yourself for some time now, so this won't be a mystery to you.
You are comfortable and confident when interviewing
Speaking with clients and industry experts will come naturally. You'll need to know how to ask the right questions then improvise to follow-up and get the information you really need. Your ability to get simple answers on complex, often technical subjects will be essential.
You can hit a deadline
Fast delivery of content is a constant with inbound and content marketing. You'll need to create posts at speed, without compromising quality. And you will be able to deliver cornerstone content to deadline without sacrificing creativity. Know how to juggle several writing tasks and move between them while meeting deadlines? That's going to help!
Skills & Expertise Requirements:
- 3+ years journalism or digital/content marketing experience preferably in B2B
- BA in Journalism, English, PR, Marketing or related field
- Demonstrable track record of being able to act on content objectives and goals.
- Experience of delivering across multiple content channels like blogs, eBooks, white papers, video storyboards, and web copy.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced, deadline focused environment.
- A working knowledge of how information is read and interacted with in the digital spaces, most specifically in B2B segments.
- Proven written communication skills, with published content, in either online or traditional media.
- Exceptional ability to ‘tell stories’
- Highly organised and motivated self-starter who owns their own success metrics
- Able to be based at/work from our Bedford offices
Equinet proudly adheres to a culture that is supportive of its employees’ life outside of work and as such, seeks to work flexibly with home/family commitments. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.