Web Designer/Graphic Design Hybrid
Equinet Media £30 - £35k
Equinet is looking for a web designer who is interested in solving complex problems. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design and demonstrate a passion for web design as well as a deep interest in user experience and user interface design.
The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts and beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs. They will conceptualise original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks and execute all visual design stages from concept to hand-off to development.
Our primary interest is in your talent for design. The ability to code is highly desirable, but you will be, first and foremost, a designer. So you will also have an interest in and a portfolio of graphic assets. You will be working within a small digital team and in conjunction with our inbound marketing teams to execute creative projects that align with our clients overall business goals. So, an ability to understand business and respond to a client's need to differentiate and communicate beyond the usual 'who we are', 'what we do', and 'how we help' is vital.
Understanding the role of design across the full spectrum of services we offer is essential. You will be working in a small digital team, but never in a silo. Design is integral to everything we do, so, you will be a highly valued member of the wider Equinet team, a team built around a strong company culture. A culture where we put you first. So it is essential that you are a good fit with our core values.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend website designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Taking a lead role with regards to creative concepting, colour theory, typography, icon development, diagrams, infographics, interactivity, i.e., rollovers, drop-down menus, digital slideshows, call-to-action buttons and forms.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 2-3 years of web design/development experience
- Bachelors degree in Graphic/Information Design or other related fields
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Adobe Creative Suite at high-level
- Experience in designing for mobile across all platforms and devices
- An interest in and demonstrable understanding of UX & UI as it pertains to websites
- Excellent understanding of responsive design
- Proficiency in InDesign and experience of designing eBooks and other such documents an advantage
- Passion for interaction design, typography, and layout.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process an advantage
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies